Thursday, November 1, 2007

Bar Hair-talia

Don't get me wrong. I love hair when it is on someone's head, chest or even on unmentionable areas of a body. These are all places where hair should be. However, at Bar Italia, not only does your fruit come with sweetened cheese, but it comes with a bit of hair mixed in.

Bar Italia looks great. It is a bar during the evening and a restaurant during the day. The resto-bar offers an italian take on breakfast, insofar as it offers a plate of breakfast foods that are
Italian (well, the sausage was Italian).

Eggs are pretty standard and they come poached unless otherwise stated. Homefries are very lightly mixed with herbs to a point where they could easily be done without. They do nothing to enhance the flavour of the potato, therefore this reviewer suggests they try again.

The sausage was cooked well and it wasn't bland. It was by far the highlight of the meal. There weren't any greens on the plate, so I chose to get a green salad on the side. It was a mixed green salad, dressed with olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper. It was refreshing and large for the price that was paid (2.50).

Unfortunately, nothing was amazing and while I would have been able to give Bar Italia an okay review up until this point, I was served fruit with a bit of hair. The hair was obviously there at the top and had my plate been looked at briefly, it could have easily been switched out. Although, I am glad it did get sent out, because it is this lack of regard for their quality of food that makes it very easy for me to warn brunchers from heading to Bar Italia.

Stay away. College St has much better options.

Bar Italia
582 College St.

$15-20

1 comment:

michelle said...

I wonder if the hair on the fruit was from the unmentionable area of a body. Reviews of sucky restaurants are entertaining! But I hope there are more good places than bad.